Homeopathy is highly effective and has helped many thousands of patients for whom conventional medicine has proved unsuccessful or has unacceptable side-effects (1,2). It is extremely gentle and safe(6) and as treatment is so individual it can be tailored and adjusted as you progress.
Homeopathy is now the most popular alternative to conventional drugs
worldwide (3). One of the expressed reasons for the popularity of homeopathy among patients at the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital is that it does not have the side effects associated with many conventional drugs (4, 5, 6).
Because homeopathy treats the whole person rather than the “named disease” it may be a suitable form of medicine for people with most illnesses. Homeopathy addresses the underlying cause of ill health and is unique in that it treats you as a whole person, not just the individual symptoms you may have.
- Spence, D, Thompson E & Barren S. Homeopathic Treatment for chronic disease: A 6-year, university-hospital outpatient observational study. J Altern Complement Med 2005; 5: 793-8
- Witt C, Keil T, Selim D, et al. Outcome and costs of homeopathic and conventional treatment strategies: a comparative cohort study in patients with chronic disorders. Complement Ther Med, 2005; 13: 79-86
- World Health Organization Report, 2005
- Sharples F, van Haselen R. Patients’ perspectives on using a complementary medicine approach to their health. A survey at the Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital NHS Trust. London, 1998.
- Dantas, F, Rampes, H. Do homeopathic remedies provoke adverse effects? A systematic review. Br. Homeopathic Journal, 2000, (Supl 1) 89:pp35-38.
- Endrizzi C. et al. Harm in homeopathy: aggravations, adverse drug events or medication errors? Homeopathy, 2005; 94 (4): 233-40.